Thursday, June 14, 2012

Where's the Wanderer?

Sorry, I haven't been updating my wanderings!  I've actually been planning future wanderings instead of wandering myself.  But it's all good - sometimes the planning is almost as fun as the wandering!

I'm heavy into my Italian tour (with a 3-day Portugal layover).  I've bought some sturdy walking shoes (Clarks and Danskos), ordered some Euros, told my banks I'm leaving, bought travel-sized toiletries, some jeans and shirts, etc.  I just need a few more things (khakis, some skirts, and a second electrical converter/adapter) and I'm all set.  I'm trying to learn a bit of Italian, but it's slow because I don't have anyone to practice with.  Next week I plan to watch some movies that are set in Italian to maybe pick up on a few words/phrases.  Portuguese is even slower, but I think many also speak Spanish - and I can speak Spanish.

2 more trips are on the horizons - Poland and Turkey (or Budapest).  It's funny - I got my passport 8 years ago and it stayed relatively naked until last year, and now by the end of 2012 it'll have 8 stamps in it (England, 2 France, 2 Italy, Portugal, Poland, Turkey or Hungary).  And all of those stamps were acquired in two years!

Since this trip is an educational research/acquisition trip, I've book tons of tours and museum/historical site visits.  I can't wait to soak up the culture, history, art, and food - and share it with my students.

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment